Waddi Housing and Advancement Corporation Ltd (WHAC) provides culturally appropriate community, social and housing support services with Darlington Point, NSW. (Population Est 1145).
As a Not For Profit organisation the objectives of Waddi Housing and Advancement Corporation are to provide:
- Adequate Housing Opportunities
- Access to community services including health, art, fitness and medical services
- Education and enhancement of the local culture within the community
The Corporation maintains 26 housing properties that house local Aboriginal and Indigenous families.
Our goal is to enhance and build local culture and pride.
Working together to deliver affordable housing for the Aboriginal and Indigenous community and providing services to enhance health, connection and growth for the existing and future generations.
We will nurture existing partnerships and develop new alliances to provide new homes, improve existing homes, promote sustainable communities and support economic and social well-being.
Who we are and what we represent:
- Justice- Fairness, equality and respect.
- Sustainability- Healthy communities, prosperous land and culture, planet protection.
- Community- growth, health and connection.
- Culture- understanding, awareness and respect.
- Accountability- open, approachable and responsible.
To provide our community with the knowledge, skills and understanding of the importance of contributing to the well-being of our planet, people and culture as the aboriginal people have for thousands of generations before us.
Membership is only $5.00 per year and all members and associate members will receive invites to seasonal events, information on regional cultural activities and benefits of community activities conducted at the Waddi Community Hall.
You must be a member to be eligible for housing or if you are housed.
We acknowledge the Traditional Owners and Custodians of the land and pay our respects to Elders past, present and future.